A short survey on the history of the symbol, the suit, and flight; how Man of Steel honors that history; and insight into Jor-El’s speech and what all of this means to Clark.
Answers, insights, and commentary on:
- Why is Krypton called Krypton?
- Who are John Carter, Hugo Danner, and Doc Savage?
- Why was the Symbol so prescient?
- How was the symbol and suit explained in Man of Steel?
- A 1981 interview with Siegel and Shuster
- The history of the tights and why the briefs went
- What is a Transfiguration?
- How the audience changed from 1940
- How was realism used to relate to today’s audience
- Building Kryptonian Culture
- The history of making Superman fly on screen
- Why is flight so liberating for Clark?
The Evolution of Superman’s “S” Shield | Steve Younis
Superman Kryptonian Assistant Professor Christine Schreyer | ubco.tv
Ep#100: Interview with Christine Schreyer | Conlangery
Superman’s Costume – Strongmen Inspiration with Brad Ricca | The National
Superman: The High-Flying History of America’s Most Enduring Hero (audio) | Larry Tye
Transfiguration Sunday | Chuck Knows Church
CBR: Comic Book Legends Revealed #373 | Brian Cronin
Superman: The Complete History: The Life and Times of the Man of Steel | Les Daniels
Happy Independence Day!