“The Hollywood Masters: Charles Roven”
- Christopher Nolan is an executive producer with his wife, but involved in an advisory capacity, including the casting of Ben Affleck.
- Amused by the reaction to Affleck’s casting.
- Affleck’s casting motivated by having a very mature Batman, juxtaposed against a young Superman, who could carry a sense of experience, with physical stature over Superman.
- Affleck was their first choice.
- Snyder reached out to Affleck first, but there was a pre-existing familiarity, particularly since The Dark Knight and The Town were acclaimed at the same time (likewise for Rises and Argo). There was a studio relationship when Affleck was attached to an earlier version of American Hustle.
- Affleck signed after understanding Snyder’s vision, which has Wayne as a much more “social animal” and Batman is much more a “rough guy.”
- “Wonder Woman is in it, we know that. She has powers. She’s a goddess. A half- a demigod- she’s a demigod. She- her father was Zeus.”