Aquaman revealed! We consider the culture, costumes, and casting of Jason Momoa as Aquaman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. Then discuss whether Kryptonians are weak to magic.
Featuring clips with costume designer Michael Wilkinson, VSauce2’s Kevin Lieber, Gal Gadot, Lynda Carter, Gloria Steinem, Denny O’Neil, Zack Snyder, Tim Gunn, and more!
Answers, insights, and commentary on:
- When can we expect the next tease?
- What does “only one true king” mean?
- Aquman’s Arthurian parallels.
- “The seven seas” phase is how old?
- Why am I excited about Polynesian culture being used?
- Does this serious picture preclude an outrageous Aquaman?
- Do costumes have to be practical? What role does culture play?
- Will the costumes to change with every appearance?
- The history of heels and neckties.
- How do they pull off stunt work and fights in heels?
- Should Wonder Woman wear pants?
- Superman’s briefs as a lightning rod.
- How to pronounce “Gadot” correctly.
- Mitigating Gadot’s lack of acting experience.
- What Gadot has in common with Carter.
- Actors doing their own stunts.
- Shipping Aquaman and Wonder Woman.
- Why magic as a Kryptonian weakness makes less sense than as a vulnerability.
- Could Atlantis and Themyscira protect Superman’s secret identity?
- What does Lynda Carter think about Superman? (Stay tuned to the very end!)
…and more! Our new video series continues, check it out!
Man of Steel Myths:
- Earth’s Atmosphere Powers Kryptonians – YouTube
- Kryptonian Armor Gives Super Strength – YouTube
- How The Atmospheric Weakness Works – YouTube
- Zod Should Have Terraformed Mars – YouTube
- Fighting Zod Was Easy / Kal Caused Serious Collateral – YouTube
StarShipSofa – Jeff VanderMeer’s “Shark God”
VSauce2 – Heels Were Made For Men
Crazy Sexy Geeks: The Series – Wonder Woman Debate!
Supergirl Radio – Hosts Teresa Jusino and Rebecca Johnson
Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam