Nov. 5 update: Remastered video, normalized audio, and added footage of Snyder saying Superman is his favorite superhero.
- Some Superman fans are afraid that Superman is going to be disrespected by Batman at Snyder’s hand in the upcoming Batman v. Superman.
- Some believe that the realistic tone of Man of Steel shows favoritism towards Batman.
- Some fear that Snyder prefers Batman over Superman and that alleged bias means building up Batman at Superman’s expense.
- Some fear Snyder is trying to adapt The Dark Knight Returns into BvS and shoehorn its Superman into the DC Cinematic Universe.
- There are concerns that BvS will be a Batman-centric film and that Superman will be short-changed his development before Justice League.
While combing through hours of interviews for Man of Steel Answers Insight Commentary (MOSAIC), I’ve quickly put together some of Snyder’s comments which would tend to dispel or address those fears.
BvS is not a DKR adaptation. It’s a film that will develop Superman to the point that we can get to a Justice League. After carefully cultivating a realistic tone for us to relate to Superman, Snyder isn’t going to betray that for Batman. Snyder holds Superman in too high regard for that.
Please excuse this draft until I can get my hands on better video editing software.
For additional insight into the minds of the filmmakers: